Friday, March 2, 2012

I WAS WRONG: A LETTER OF APOLOGY

To whom it may concern,

I write this letter to you in humble apology.  To all my clients, to all my readers and to anyone else I have mislead by talking about hard work and healthy eating to lose body fat, I am sorry. I am man enough to admit when I make a mistake and clearly I have.  I am wrong.

Today I discovered that my years of experience in the health and fitness industry and the countless pursuits of further education I have undertaken to further understand how the human body works, count for nothing and in fact have only served to enable lies, misrepresentation and provide false hope to many of you.

As it turns out:

·         You do not need a specific exercise program or a healthy diet to lose body fat.

·         You can spot reduce fat.

·         You do not need to burn more energy then you consume daily to lose body fat.

·         High Intensity interval training is not the best way to increase your BMR, thus burning more calories at rest.

·         You do not need to work on increasing your % of muscle mass to increase your metabolism.

·         You don't need 20-45mins of exercise 4-5 times a week.

·         Doing multiple Abdominal crunch type exercises does not lead to postural muscle imbalances.

·         Isolating muscles is the best way to increase their strength and range of motion.

·         Machine based exercises are functional and do not inhibit correct muscle function in any way.

Don't worry, I am as disappointed in myself as you guys are in me. I have let down you. I've let down my family.  Worst of all I have let down myself. 

To think of the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent, 1st becoming qualified and then opening my own gym and filling it with the latest equipment makes me sick.  There are people living on freeways in Bangladesh that could have used that money for good as opposed to the evil that I have perpetrated on you people.

But what's done is done. I want to move forward.  As a show of my contrition I want to offer an olive branch.  I little gesture to say "I'm Sorry". 

Here goes:  All you need to lose body fat, get healthy and live a long and prosperous life is...............................................................................................................................................................

$288 and 3 minutes a day.





I hope you can forgive me.

I want to reserve a special apology for the 3 couples that attempted to buy this life changing product at BIG W, Erina today, only for me to selfishly yell, "Don't buy it! Stop being so f*ing lazy!."

I stomped on your dreams and I am truly, truly sorry.



Sincerely,

Fit Man without a clue apparently.

Peace

3 comments:

  1. Nearly 600 hits on my blog and only 1 comment??? The whole idea of this blog is inspire debate and awareness. Surely not all of you agree with me, though I am right. Please feel free to air your thoughts here.

    FITMAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought provoking to say the least! At my age mate, I don't need another expensive towel drying rack at home, so I will stick to the many liters of sweat I have shed in the pursuet of my goal, verified by your tape measure and the all round improvement in fitness, weight and wellbeing! Thanks! Your input over the last 1.5 years has made a huge difference, and the towel dryer the missus bought continues to only deliver dry towels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody expensive towel rack! Very effective though. Maybe they should put "dry your towels in just 3 mins a day!" on the box. Thanks for the feedback

    FITMAN

    ReplyDelete